Let Us Help You!
This self-paced program offers participants a welcome environment where pursuing education and learning is encouraged, making your dreams of attaining your GED a reality. We provide GED classes on Saturdays for those who work or participate in other programs during the week. Weekday classes are provided for YouthBuild Students. Onsite pre-testing is available and regular attendance is required.
The mission of FACAA’s GED program is to provide specific education/training services in an effort to improve the overall literacy skills and academic competency levels of students in pursuit of a GED.
A comprehensive study in preparation for the High School Equivalency Examination – General Educational Development (GED) test. This course of study will cover the five (5) primary subject areas inclusive of Language Arts, Writing & Reading, Social Studies, Science and Mathematics.
In addition to GED preparation, we will also provide instructional training in the following areas.
- Computer Instruction
- Life Skills Instruction – money management, problem solving, decision-making and career planning
Supportive Services will be provided to address barriers that may prevent participants from moving toward their educational goals.
III. Course Prerequisites
- Adults 18 years and older
- Complete intake and application process
- Complete initial TABE test and score 8th grade levels and above
- Must be motivated and ready to improve his/her life
IV. Course Objectives
- Students will improve their literacy and basic skills to enable them to become active participants in their communities.
- Students will be equipped with sufficient knowledge and skills to take and pass the GED test.
- Student’s employability will be enhanced through computer skills instructions.
- Students will be equipped with the resources necessary to enhance their qualifications for entry-level jobs.
BENEFITS OF GED ATTAINMENT
- Better jobs and pay than those without a diploma
- Possess a stronger sense of self and personal achievement
- Good role models for their children and others who may need encouragement to get their GED
Please note: For eligible applicants, an Independent Study is available. We also provide tutoring and English as a second language based upon demand. Apply Today!